Thousands of Kiwis visit Australia every year whether on business or holiday and end up buying property as an investment, holiday home or even their main residence. But the buying process is very different and the tax effects can be a surprise. This guide explains the buying process, legal and tax issues involved from a NZ and Australian standpoint. Beware there are traps here for the unwary and many have learnt at first hand.
We look at :-
- Differences with New Zealand;
- Banking and borrowing issues;
- Foreign exchange;
- Australian property income tax and capital gains tax;
- Differences in depreciation;
- How should you buy?
- Tax position in New Zealand.
…and much more
*At US $9.99 you can’t afford not to have this before you purchase.
Now 2020 Version available